The best laundry detergent for babies with sensitive skin can make a world of difference. You’ll get great smelling laundry, and your child will stay happy, healthy, and breakout free. We’ve rounded up the top five sensitive skin laundry detergents, and they are:
Our Best Laundry Detergent for Babies With Sensitive Skin:
- Dreft Stage 2: Active Hypoallergenic Liquid Baby Laundry Detergent
- Babyganics 3X Baby Laundry Detergent
- all Mighty Pacs Laundry Detergent
- Charlie’s Soap – Fragrance-Free Laundry Powder Detergent
- Dropps HE Baby Laundry Detergent Pacs
Understanding Why You Want to Buy a Baby Safe Detergent
Generally, a baby safe detergent contains a gentle formula that won’t irritate your baby’s skin.
Normal detergents may clean your baby’s clothing, but it can also comes loaded with dyes, chemicals, fragrances, and ingredients that are not good for your child’s skin.
However, buying a baby safe detergent can help you avoid these problems. You can use it on your clothing as well.
Other good reasons to use a shampoo that is formulated for newborns and babies include:
- It’s effective at removing baby-specific stains like baby food, poop, vomit, and milk.
- This formula is made to exclude the harsh chemicals, fragrances, and other irritants.
- It’s gentle on your baby’s skin and doesn’t leave a residue.
Important Baby Safe Detergent Considerations
Now that you know why buying a baby shampoo is important, we’ll go over some important considerations that you want to keep in mind when you shop.
This will help to ensure that you find a detergent that is gentle enough to prevent\n breakouts.
Dye and Fragrance Free Formula
When you’re shopping for baby-safe detergent, the first thing that you want to do is look at the ingredient list.
You want it to be 100 percent free of any chemicals, dyes, or fragrances. These things are the main cause of irritation for your baby’s skin.
High Cleaning Efficiency
Babies present an entirely new area of stains that your detergent will have to effectively fight. It should be able to handle ground in stains like grass or dirt from your baby crawling.
Formula that Lasts for a Long Time
Some of the best laundry detergents for your child’s sensitive skin is going to cost slightly more.
A good quality detergent that is designed for your baby will last a while because you have to use less of it each time you wash.
This laundry detergent has been specially formulated to protect active babies from breakouts. You can use it in both a standard washer and in a high-efficiency washer without an issue.
It comes formulated with a hypoallergenic formula that is safe for your child’s skin, and it won’t cause those annoying breakouts.
This laundry detergent comes with a powerful formula that helps to remove a variety of stains including up to 99 percent of baby food stains.
It’ll also tackle stains that get ground in as your baby moves like grass stains and dirt. This detergent is recommended by Pampers, and it is safe to use on a broad range of clothing types.
You can choose from three different stages from newborns to active babies to all stages so this detergent will grow with your child.
You get a very light fragrance with this detergent as well. It is a slightly more expensive detergent, but you’re paying for a powerful hypoallergenic formula.
- Has several stages so it grows with your child.
- Comes with a very light and calming fragrance
- Formulated to be hypoallergenic and gentle on sensitive skin
- May not completely remove some baby food stains or ground in stains
- Can leave a light residue on some dark colored clothing
- It is a slightly more expensive detergent choice
This powerful and natural laundry detergent has a plant based formula that is free of any harsh sulfates. It has a triple concentrated formula that works to fight set and ground in stains like baby food and dirt or grass stains.
It has a fragrance free formula as well that leaves your baby’s clothing fresh and clean.The formula is very concentrated, and it produces a lot of soap.
This means that you’ll need a washing machine to get all of the soap out and to make sure that it doesn’t leave a residue.
It is formulated to be free of 1 and 4 dioxane as well for a healthier formula. It has a dermatologist and pediatrician recommended formula as well.
You can use this detergent in standard washing machines as well as high-efficiency washing machines without a problem.
It’s designed to leave your baby’s clothing soft after you use it. This detergent also removes any common odors that may cling to your baby’s clothing leaving them with a natural scent.
- Detergent has a plant-based formula with no scent
- Comes with a three times concentrated formula that produces a lot of suds
- Has no scent but leaves your baby’s items with a natural smell
- Might not remove really ground in dirt or grass stains
- Can leave a residue if you wash the clothing by hand
- Is slightly more expensive than other hypoallergenic laundry detergents
This hypoallergenic laundry detergent comes in pre measured pods so you get the correct amount of detergent with every wash.
They are made with a formula that is 100 percent free of dyes and perfumes for a clean and unscented end product.
This means that it can provide a powerful cleaning experience without leaving a residue.You can do up to 134 loads of laundry with one order of this detergent, and this amounts to significant savings.
This is especially true if you’re running multiple loads of laundry a day with your baby.
You can use the pods in any style washing machine without an issue. It has a concentrated formula that works on odors and set-in stains as well.
It’s specially designed to be gentle enough not to irritate sensitive skin and cause breakouts.
They also work very well in both hot and cold water. The pods themselves are biodegradable.
You won’t have to worry about they clogging up your washer or septic system.
- Removes stains quickly and efficiently from baby food to grass stains
- Can leave your colors looking brighter and your whites brighter as well
- Comes measured out in pods for the correct amount of detergent per load
- May have to use two pods if your laundry is very soiled
- Can cause hives on extremely sensitive skin
- Might have some inconsistencies in the pod’s coloring
You’ll get a dry laundry detergent that only needs one tablespoon of laundry detergent per large load.
It’s designed to work on all types of fabrics ranging from delicates to high textile fabrics.
It works to remove any ground-in stains from baby food or crawling, trapped odors, and residue from previous laundry detergents.
It has a concentrated formula that is free of dyes, perfumes, brighteners, and phosphates. This makes it a good choice for babies with sensitive skin or people who are prone to breaking out.
It rinses clean deep into the fabric to remove any tough odors and leave your laundry feeling soft and clean.
This laundry detergent comes with a biodegradable formula that is safe to use in all types of washing machines.
It’s also safer for the environment and safer for septic takes because it breaks down.
You also get a lot of detergent for what you pay for it, so it’s a cost-effective option.
- Contains a biodegradable formula
- Hypoallergenic without any dyes, perfumes, phosphates, or residue
- Only uses a tablespoon per load, so it’s very cost-effective
- Can be difficult to use without spilling it
- Does not have a softener, so your clothing can feel rough
- May leave a residue in your washer at the water line
You get 20 laundry pacs with one order of this laundry detergent. It is made with a plant-based formula.
This means that this natural formula contains no dyes, enzymes, chemicals, chlorine, or scents that could irritate your baby’s sensitive skin.
It’s also biodegradable, and you can use it in any washer at any temperature without a problem.
These pacs will dissolve in septic tanks as well.
You can safely use it on a variety of fabrics and cloth diapers without worrying about it being too harsh.
It is cruelty-free, and this detergent is never tested on animals.
The pacs are individually packaged, so there is no mess or fuss when you put them in your washer.
You might have to use two pods for larger loads to ensure that it has enough cleaning power to remove the stains and dirt from your laundry.
They’re designed to keep your laundry fresh and clean without giving off a chemical smell or leaving a harsh fragrance.
- Each pod is individually packaged for a mess-free application
- Formula doesn’t contain any dyes, chemicals, or fragrances
- Pacs dissolve in hot, cold, or warm water as well as septic tanks
- Might have to use two pods for larger loads
- Can leave a residue line on your washer
- May be too strong for softer water
Our pick for the best laundry detergent for babies with sensitive skin is Dreft Stage 2: Active Hypoallergenic Liquid Baby Laundry Detergent. It has a formula that works to protect your baby’s skin from breakouts. Additionally, it’s hypoallergenic. It’s also formulated to remove up to 99 percent of common baby stains.